Thursday 11 September 2008

Föhn

2 days ago, there was the Föhn phenomenon where one could see the alps from afar clearly. Uncle Tan's colleague mentioned that within the few days it might happen for the weather had become warmer thou it was supposed to be cooling. On one of the papers, the weather forecast had indicated 2 white lines besides the sun on Tues, so I decided to give it a try to go down to Bellevue in the morning to take a look since the cleaning ladies would be here in the morning.

I was sooooo excited when I saw the beautiful sight in front of my eyes. It was awesome and I felt kinda moved...as we don't have the software to remove the layers, so the alps can't be seen as clearly in the pictures below.


Quite a no. of passers by stopped by to admire the view as well. And I offered to help 2 tourists who were there to take a picture of them. They too offer to take a picture of me :)

You can click on this picture to have a clearer look.

Went to meet Uncle Tan for lunch at his office and pass him the white rose I've bought for him at the fresh fruit and flowers market :)

We had the vegetarian buffet (by weight) which were quite filling & refreshingly different.




After lunch, we decided to go Uetliberg midway, Albisgutli, to check out if we could see the alps from there since it's near to Uncle Tan's office. As we pass by the farms, we saw this fat boar. It was kinda cute and we could hear its heavy breathing (sounded like a snore).

Finally the sun...

Hmm...this spot looks good for sun bathing...

Watcha looking at huh?
Ooh....ahh... this is what I call shiok!

Yup, we managed to catch the view here as well.

Little X'mas tree plantation
And they will grow this big come Christmas time.

No comments: