Monday 29 September 2008

Auf Wiedersehn

Time to say goodbye...




to the awesome alps and good friends made,
to the cows, sheep and goats that graze the day away...
to the flowers that have bloomed beautifully in Spring,
and the warmth of the sun that summer brings...
to the lustrous grass that I lay on,
to the charming lakes I've grown fond of...

Just as I was learning to adjust to the cold weather...
Just as I was getting used to the little inconvenience of shops closing on Sundays...
Just as I was beginning to enjoy the train rides a little more...
Just as I was changing to like the freshly baked breads...
Just as I was growing to like you even more...
It's time to go.

Every breath that I take, I feel it's a blessing.
Each step that I take, it imprints in my memory.
Each person that I met, I believe it's destiny. (That also includes the animals I've met especially the cows, swans, ducks and goats which I've grown attached to :>)
Every little discoveries made, I see it as a gift we receive.

You've subtly inched your way to my heart, which, makes it even more difficult to part.
I can almost see autumn coming near, as I try hard to hold back my tears.
The fallen leaves tell me that it is time,
that I could no longer hear the familiar church bells chime.
...it is time to be back, to my city life.

Like the lyrics of the first song, I wish that time could turn us back to yesterday. Maybe then, I would have laughed more, I would have seen you more, I would have experienced and known you more. Now, I can't take my eyes off you anymore.

I'll take home with me the fond memories.

I'll miss the early church bells chime. I'll miss the weekend hikes. I'll miss the beautiful lakes, awe-inspiring sceneries and vast greenland. I'll miss the smell of spring and summer. I'll miss my friends here. I'll miss the kind and friendly Swiss. I'll miss the swans, ducks, cows, goats, sheep, horses, dogs, donkeys, little birdies, hens, the gorillas in the zoo, the lamas, the cats, the pigeons...

This place will always be, like a second home to me.

No comments: