Thursday 4 September 2008

Caught a flu bug

I finally caught a flu bug here..guess it's overdose of chocolates, biscuits and sun. And yes, lack of sleep. To think that a few days ago I was telling Uncle Tan that the weather in Zurich is so good that I don't have pimples popping, I can eat a lot of chocs without getting sick...some things are just not meant to be mentioned......

Why now when I'd be heading home soon? There're many things I have to do. Uncle Tan says maybe my body is telling me to stay haha ;p

I think my body is telling me to slow down. A couple of weeks back before going home, I've been thinking what else I need to get in terms of souvenirs and where to get them. I've to arrange to meet up our ex-neighbours, one in Uster and one in Zurich for our final gathering before we head home. I'm also doing research (finally) on our final destination - Heidiland, and planning the routes to maximise the trip. I've to think of what items to bring for the overnight trip. I've to think what other things to pass to Uncle Tan's colleague who would be going back SG this week. I've to think about how best to minimise our luggage weight. I've to think about what other nearby places we need to visit before going back...

No wonder my body is telling me to slow down. No wonder Uncle Tan's frequent advice is "Don't think too much, just rest".

So now I'm on a self-ban on chocolates, biscuits and any heaty snacks. Back to drinking water, more fruits and eating bread with only butter, no Ovomaltine, no Nutella...Arghhh!!! Flu flu go away soon!!!

No comments: