Monday 7 April 2008

House Viewing Day and Asian Supermart

The shop opposite our house which opens at 6am everyday and closes on Sun

Things are quiet here. So quiet that I can hear noises from my stomach, the sound of my hubby swallowing saliva, people coming back from home, my neighbour's TV programme etc. At night was the ringing sound in my ears cos it's too quiet. Sometimes when I'm on video call, I was afraid of disturbing the neighbours. Music is a must here to avoid that ringing sound. At least for now since windows are shut to keep out the cold air.

We woke up at 6am today. Saw this garfield look-alike cat sitting on top of a car in the morning. Things here are big huh, even animals :) Wonder if it belongs to one of the neighbours. Over here, many people keep dogs as pets and you can see them in trams, shopping centres, everywhere. Most of them are huge dogs. I guess it's better too otherwise those poor little creatures have to endure the cold weather.

We're supposed to meet my hubby's colleague to go house viewing today at 9am.We decided to tag along since we love seeing houses and I'm glad we did.
Munching on a piece of butter cake from the Rosti shop whilst waiting. It isn't as soft as those we find in S'p but it sure tastes rich and quite yummy. But cold...

We travelled out of Zone 10 in to Uster, which is another zone. Zone 10 is somewhat like Ang Mo Kio Ave 1-10 while Uster is like Bishan, another town. We took a tram followed by a train which is pretty fast, say around 30mins or so.


Over here, everything is to your right. So if you're taking the escalator, do remember to keep to your right instead of left. And don't forget to clear your plates after you've finished your food. Otherwise you might get stares from the next person using the table :) Thought they should start to practice this, it's a good habit and I wonder why we don't practice this when I remembered we were trained in schools, even all the way up to the university, to clear the tables after we're done right? So why aren't we practicing it?


It's about 2 stops to the house that we're going to view. Didn't really know how long the walk was but it was an enjoyable walk albeit a little chilly.

The 2 Eskimos :)

The bridge here is sooo scary & flimsy...I'd rather take the risk crossing the road.


And we chanced upon a flea market. Didn't managed to get anything though cos it's not that cheap either. But it's interesting to look at what stuff they're selling. I wanted to buy a pair of boots but I guess my feet is too small to fit...

My hubby's colleague, Cynthia, who has been posted there for almost to a year, showed us the Asian supermart as well as a Thai one. Yippee!!! Asian food at last! Of course the prices are slightly expensive since they are considered imports. For eg. a bittergord can cost 11 Fr (close to S$15, bean sprouts or a packet of 'dao gey' costs 3 Fr (about S$4 where we could get it like 20 or 30 cents a big packet). Hmm...I should have brought green beans here to grow and sell tao geys.

Still need to shop smart. Chinese stuff like the Chinese veggie can get from this stall and it's good to buy on Sat as they usually have about 15% - 20% discount. Other items can be bought from their local supermarts. If only they have a wet market here...oh well, shan't be a spoilt brat and expect everything to be like S'p. In fact, S'p hopes to emulate this place instead.

Cynthia also showed us where The Singapore Restaurant is which sells our local food like char kway teow. I was told not to expect it to have the authentic taste, and...it cost about S$30 for a plate if I heard it correctly.

No comments: