Monday 7 April 2008

2nd Day in Zurich

5.30am, Zurich time (11.30am, Sp time)
We were awaken by a loud clinking and clonking sound. We thought someone tried to break his way in. We later deduced that it could be the sound made by the thermostat. We decided to wake up anyway since we already had about 10 hours of sleep.

We tried to get used to their hard bread but I must say their jams are yummy, not as sweet as those found in S'p. By the way, we bought the brand 'Hero'. Familiar? :) The butter is something that both of us couldn't get used to. We bought another brand thinking that the first one we bought had a stronger taste. But it turns out that both tasted the same...

The jam made the bread 'swallowable' and we also took strawberries at the same time. Their strawberries are swwweeet :d

But their carrots didn't look as nice as those I find in NTUC thou.

I like to wake up early. It gives one more time to do more things. Mind is clearer thou I have more inspiration at night.

Sending hubby to work on his first day, on a cold morning.

So, my first day at home alone.

What did I do? Download TV drama from MobTV, getting connected to MSN, email friends. Connection here is rather slow, hence I couldn't perform many functions at a time unlike in S'p. So things are really taking a slower pace here.

Time flies when things move slowly haha...ironic. So before I knew it, it's time to prepare dinner. This time, much better. We slept at 8.30pm ;>

Oh, I also went up to visit my hubby's colleague's wife as I was too tired to visit them on our first day. They were here a week before us and his colleague would be staying here for 2 years. Gosh...compared to them, I think 6 mths is really nothing...so made a new friend who's a teacher. A pity that they had to shift out in 2 mths' time because his friend is on a 2-yr contract unlike my hubby, who's on an exchange programme. So they had to pay for their own rental and they need to get a place which is cheaper. Where we are staying now cost about 3,800 fr a mth. So it's more economical to find a place not too near town yet is still accessible. Housing here ain't cheap and most people rent.

No comments: