Tuesday 8 April 2008

It's snowing!


Sunday morning, 6 Apr 2008

It snowed on Sunday morning! Woke up in the morning to draw the curtains and was awed by what I saw. Snow falling from the sky!! And together with rain.

So my hubby and I quickly took out our camera and video cam and started shooting. We even went out to take photos cos we never had experienced falling snow. Ya, so you see 2 crazy Singaporeans scuttling down to take photos. Fortunately no one was around the vicinity. Uncle Tan was even in shorts. And I even showed it 'Live' to my cousins and one of my colleagues who happened to be on msn then. Haha, 'sua ku' sia...what to do, we never see snow fall before.

When I was in S'pore, I was worried it would snow for I'm worried couldn't take cold weather, but when I'm here, I'm kinda excited and hope I could get to see it when I heard about the forecast. It was an amazing experience. Exhilarating, in fact.

Uncle Tan's colleague told him that it's going to snow and rain on Sunday according to the weather forecast. We thought it might not snow since the weather was pretty fine on Sat when we went out for the house viewing. So, the weather forecast here is pretty accurate.



Went out later to get my Zone 10 monthly travel pass (75 Fr with photo) which allows unlimited travel by bus, tram and train within Zone 10 in Zurich. I've also applied for a half-fare card (150 fr) which allows me to pay only half the fare for travelling out of Zurich. It's quite value for money although it seems pricey at first, cos if I were to travel twice to Geneva, I would have covered the cost of the card.

The weather was cold since it snowed in the morning and I had to hide in the telephone booth whilst waiting for the tram. We took a walk in the basement of the main train station and fortunately the shops are open there cos usually shops are closed on Sundays. Happen to see this shop which reminds me one of the jokes of my colleagues - Big Secret (less 'Victoria') hehe ;p


Tried to take an ang moh lunch where I ordered a take-away cream based pasta from one of the shops and a ham and cheese bread. The bread tasted good at first. After a few bites, it kinda get jer lark (too rich) and I had difficulty swallowing the pasta cos it's kinda dry and too rich as well. Felt a little sick after taking such a rich lunch. So no cheese for me at least for the next few weeks and I should just stick to my staple - bread, rice and asian food.

As it was too cold, we didn't venture into one of the world's most expensive street - Bahnhofstrasse cos it was too cold and not many shops are open either. So off we went, home.

Oh, Uncle Tan tried to jog later in the evening when he saw people jogging. He came back, cold of course and tried to defrost his ears. These are the pictures he took when he went jogging nearby.





We tried to take a walk after dinner as it was still bright by 7ish. We put on our layers (yes, something that I find a chore each time we go out, even if it's just the store opposite) and went down. After a few steps, I started shivering and we decided to head back. It was later that we realised it was -4 deg celcius that day when my hubby's colleague in S'p told him. No wonder.......

The next morning, we saw snow-covered cars. Again, the 2 crazy ones went to take photos. And the crazy Ah Kin even went to taste it ;p




Uncle Tan in shorts. He's strong eh?

A cold day calls for a warm porridge. Presenting my simple lunch.



Took about an hour plus to cook this yummy porridge. It's got chicken breast meat, silver fish, 'dong cai' and a few peas :d

No comments: