Tuesday 18 September 2007

Krabi - Part 2

It's shopping for Day 1! Actually because of the earthquake the day before, we avoided the sea activities for the time being.

Well, compared to Bangkok, there's nothing to shop really unless you're a T-shirt fan like me :) & the shirts here fits me nicely :)

The Thais are well-known for their good services & hospitality. Did they attend any training? Perhaps. But even the street hawkers provide excellent service. Where did they learn that from? Genuine concern for people I suppose. Some of them still maintain their smiles even though I did not buy anything from them in the end, not the fakey smiles yo. Admired their serving attitude :) When can we reach to that level of service?

I stopped to browse at a roadside stall cos I can't resist anklets :) The owner showed me a couple & as I was about to squat down to browse the items, he fished out a stool for me immediately. Now that's what I call personalised service or rather, thoughtfulness.

From their works, they are really a creative bunch.

The tsunami warning tower in front of our hotel & the signboard showing the evacuation route at another beach.


Went 'resort hopping' & saw this beautiful resort.


Ooh...look at the blue blue sky...we were lucky that it was a full sunny day that day without rain when we did our exploring. The other 2 days were raining during the 2nd half of the day.



The shore is filled with marine life during low tide. & my, the waves are very far off.

A dead sea anemone

Patterns created by the little crabbies


We kept a constant lookout for the sea creactures, particularly the crabbies, in case we stepped on them.

Dinner time!

This was the place we had our dinner. Somewhat like the Tze Char stall in S'p. Their noodle soup is so sedap that I ate it again on my last day :d~ This meal that consist of red snapper, fried veg & 2 big prawns cost us around S$22. Thai food is simply irresistable!!!




Our 1st Elephant Ride

Booked the elephant trek for Day 2. Was a bit nervous as it was kinda high. We were hesitant when we need to step on the elephant before we took the seat. We were told that they have thick & rough skin so it won't hurt the elephant. Elephants can live up to around 80 years old & this elephy we took is 25 yrs old.

It was a bumpy ride & surprisingly, it was less bumpy when it was walking in the stream.









Elephy stopping by for a poo poo time...see the 2 huge green balls flowing down the stream? ;p



Uncle Wee told me that the stick that the trainer was holding is for training the elephy. If it becomes naughty, he will actually poke its ears with it...ouch... ...actually I'm not sure if it's a humane thing to take elephant rides in the first place...but I suppose if S'p zoo does it, should be ok? Pls tell me if this is hurting the elephys.


Actually I wasn't afraid of feeding the elephy, just that its breath from its nose blowing out as it tries to get the banana just 'blew me' off hehe ;p



Lang Rongrian Cave


It was actually a small little cave. Was told that the government did not allow them to dig any further. But it was really dark & the guide had to light up the cave first with candles. Yet, Uncle Wee still knocked his head on his way out...




It was pouring as we left the cave. Oh well, it was lunch time anyway. Look @ the yummy food :d``
& Uncle Wee nursing his bump on his head ;p




After lunch, we headed off to the Crystal Pool. Supposed to swim there but as the uncle & auntie were worried about catching a cold swimming in the rain as we were both not young anymore, we decided to take a picture of it instead. The water is very clear indeed.





After the half day trek, it's off to the Thai massage!
Ooh...it's really shiokadooze & for that 1hr massage, you only pay 200 baht! Not to mention the foc ginger tea & banana after the massage. Cheap cheap!

If you're willing to walk further down the beach & do it outdoor, it can go as low as 150 baht! (plus free pineapple ;p) I also did a face massage & actually fell asleep during the massage! That would never happen to me in S'p cos the lady would be busy trying to sell facial products to me during the session.

Lazing on the bed after the massage...



Back at the same stall for my favourite sen lek noodle soup since it was our last night in Krabi. Was pouring heavily but that didn't stop us from patronizing our fav stall with friendly staff :)

No comments: