Friday 7 September 2007

Friends

Friends had played an important role in my life. Looking at the photos & songs I've written in the past says quite a lot about them & how I felt then. I personally find this quote meaningful (thou might be cliche) "It's by chance that we met but by choice that we became friends". Indeed, there are so many people we meet every day & yet these are the few people we get to know & become as friends.

It seems that I have many friends, be it from schools, workplace or through some informal functions. & I consider myself to be blessed with good friends around me. They are just like...angels :)

To those who are reading this entry, would like to thank you for making a difference in my life & thanks for sharing with me the journey. If you believe in fate & destiny, I believe we could have met each other before in our previous lives :) Sometimes I just have that 'you look familiar' kind of feeling even though we first met.

Being a pessimistic person, I'm down pretty easily. But somehow, whenever I talk to a friend, I'd feel better after that. Everytime when I read the cards/letters given to me in the past, it just warms my heart to know they are there for me & I too, have made a difference in their lives.

I remember many many years back when I have suicidal thoughts. I even called SOS just to talk to someone...which I felt it didn't help much...Then just as I finished the conversation, a friend happened to call to tell me about the death of one of our seniors which was caused by an asthmatic attack. It was a sudden piece of news. A couple of months back, I was just playing netball with her...I couldn't explain the feeling but that call just seemed to untie some knots...& that friend is Jolene Ong, my secondary schoolmate.

Well, on a lighter note, I'm seeing the growing popularity of social networking sites like Friendster, My Space, Facebook etc. which allows one to share info about themselves, build their network of friends etc. However, I find the mentality of feeling popular because they have made or rather 'collected' many friends thru these channels kinda sad. Frienship takes time to grow & needs interaction. If knowing the person by name & other info like the likes & dislikes etc (not even for sure if the info given is true) can be considered as a friend, I suppose Bill Clinton, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves or Johnny Depp are my friends then. Woh, that's not bad :)

Anyway, amidst our busy schedule, do give your friends your little thought. Give them a tinkle or drop them a note. Some of them are just an email away :)

Ok, here's one of the piece I've done in Sec, with the popular tune "关怀方式".
For you, my friends :)



有你在我的身旁,青春似乎用不完
每天与你来分享, 欢乐时光有你伴
欢乐时光有你伴,每天与你来分享
青春似乎用不完,有你在我的身旁

Chorus:
曾经欢笑, 曾经悲伤, 曾有同样的梦想
有你的日子, 阳光灿烂, 笑声传四方
你的笑容亲切友善,使我怀念旧时光
但岁月匆匆,痕迹留在你我的脸上

No comments: