Sunday 1 June 2008

A leisurely Sunday

Sundays are used for nature walks or for picnics as most of the shops are not open, except for the ones at the main train stations. So we decided just to take a walk to Old Town via foot since I've discovered a short cut to the town area via the lakeside near our apt.

The water is so clear...couldn't resist dipping my feet ;p


Carefully inching my way to the waters...and oooh...it's soooo cold...yet so refreshing and shiok ;D

I wonder how on earth the locals could swim in these cold waters...

We followed the stream and reached this little park with a board walk. The mandarin ducks were so cute and I started feeding them.
Then came the pigeons as well...somehow I felt I was like 'Cinderalla' or was it Snow White where the birds will fly and land on her hand? Anyway, I felt like that when the birds actually came to me hehe ;p for the bread crumbs that I have lor...

Then we chanced upon a botanical garden within a University compound. It's a quiet little place and we were welcomed by the refreshing smell of the pine trees and we found some nice little flowers

Walking through the small stairway amidst the greenery.

The Greenhouse. It's indeed warm inside. Many of the plants in there are from Australia.


Found my 'look-alike' - this one shares the same thickness as my arm :P

The view at Bellevue is so beautiful ya? No wonder many tourists like to go there...including sigh...the Ah Tiongs as well...k, shan't let them spoil the mood. Ok lah, there are some nice ones we happen to meet along the way.

People here sure like to create art on the walls. We found this at a back alley which is pretty attractive :)
Viewing Old Town of Zurich from another perspective.

We chanced upon another railway station which has shops opening on Sun. We saw people carrying bags of foodstuff and coming out from an entrance. So we followed the trail and found this place which is less crowded than the main railway station.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ah Kin,

I am Ann from Kuala Lumpur. I've been reading your blog since last month - love the music anf the pics, and of course your stories too. Just want to wish you Happy 30th Birthday and keep on blogging.... :-)

Ah Kin said...

Thanks for your comments Oswald :) I do use the google translation tool occasionally as well to translate some text that are in German to English. A pretty useful site as it allows translation to be done in para graphs instead of only a word. I've been to your website as well which I suppose it's in German ya?

Ah Kin said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your well-wishes :) Am happy that you like my blog and didn't find the entries too long-winded :>