Friday 27 June 2008

A Friend's Visit

A friend's visit sure makes a difference :) After my friends had left, it has been some time since I had company and finally I have someone to talk to besides Uncle Tan hehe ;p

Ferra came to visit me last week, the week where the internet network was unstable. Fortunately she was here, otherwise I would go crazy without connection for a few days :)

She has helped us bring some canned sardines (we didn't really like the ones they sell here) and Uncle Tan's Chuan Bei Pi Pa Gao cos he only brought a small bottle with him. And she also bought lotsa canned food, ready mix sauces and instant noodles! Wah, I can open a mini Ah Kin's Asian Mart already heh heh ;p

So we did what the tais tais do - shop, drink afternoon tea and chat. Lalalalala...keke ;p But I only do that when I have company lah :) And I managed to step into the Mont Blanc shop with her around. Hmm...wasn't as intimidating as I thought :)

We went to the shopping streets and Bellevue, where the soccer fan zone was. We were so engrossed in talking that I didn't realise that the red man light was on and just crossed the road with the vehicles moving already. I got a shock when Ferra alerted me & I just dashed ahead cos I was already on the road while poor Ferra remained on the other side of the road. So that was how I managed to capture this shot hehe ;p

Forgot to transfer the photos we took to my laptop partly because we were busy talking most of the time ;p and also because the network was down so I didn't really bother about the laplop.

As she also doesn't fancy ang moh food, so it's good that I can prepare Asian dishes for her :)

We had a sumptuous dinner on the 2nd night with both of us preparing the dishes in the kitchen. I was teasing Uncle Tan that he was so lucky to have 2 women cooking for him hehe ;p Ferra even cooked Indo Mee for his breakfast and prepare apple water for him leh! So good life huh ;p

She really has lots of ideas on cooking. She has taught me how to make the appetizer dish (the one you can find in Ding Tai Fong). It was quite simple to prepare and we LOVE it! ;d A good dish for summer days.


She also taught me how to make this bacon-ham rice with the XO sauce which she brought from SG! This is 'serdup' and can be a one-meal dish, perhaps can add some veggy to it to make it healthier :)

And this is her sleeping bag. Cosy and comfy. Pillow with compliments from SBB RailCity :)

Didn't manage to take her in her Hello Kitty Pyjamas...cos firs day she said got water retention due to the flight and 2nd night we were excited over watching Portugal vs Germany with Ferra supporting Germany (cos her hubby works for a German firm and her hubby could wear the T-shirt she has bought for him with the Germany logo) and Uncle Tan supporting Portugal cos he likes the striker haha ;p

It was an exciting match cos both teams scored and at the very last minute, Germany scored the winning goal.

As she had an early plane to catch to meet her hubby at Frankfurt, she had to stay at the airport hotel for the 3rd night. So when she left, felt kinda 空虚 again...just like the other time. But well, at least I've enjoyed her company and appreciate this opportunity to get to know a friend more and also learn a couple of things from her as the conversations with her were rather enlightening :)

Now, I look forward to another visitor in Aug or rather 2 groups of visitors :)

No comments: