Tuesday 17 June 2008

An interesting encounter

Weather has been bad again with frequent rain and falling temp. Had to go grocery shopping as I ran out of food supplies. I've observed that most people here don't really use umbrella even though it's raining. Is it because they are used to it? Or it won't look cool with a brolly? Perhaps that explains why most of their coats/ jackets have hoods attached.

Had an interesting encounter today when I made payment at the cashier for my grocery. As I was packing the items into my grocery bag, the cashier,who was not handling any customers at that moment, looked at me and commented something in German and I thought I heard the word "kleine" in her sentence. When she saw my baffled look, she took my hand and repeated what she said earlier and this time, I understood what she meant - she's saying that I have very small hands, cos "kleine" means little or small in German...haha...for a moment I thought she wanted to read my palm when she took my hand, turning my palm back and forth. And I realised how tiny my palm was when she compared mine with hers ;p

Summer, pls come soon......

No comments: