Saturday 4 August 2007

Sat's Gathering - Dempsey Road

Had a tiring yet interesting Sat. Met my ex-colleagues for dinner at Din Tai Feng. Finally had a chance to makan there cos the queue seems to be forever long & I'm the type who won't queue too long for food...partly because I also take a long time to makan :)

Food is good, perhaps partly because of the company...it's been a long time since I've eaten with a group with a tablefull of food. Never appreciate that during the days when I ate zhi char with my grandparents and my uncle's family for dinner. Prefer to sit in front of the TV.

After makan, the 7 of us squeezed into a BM wanting to head to Hilton for dessert. But we changed our destination when my hubby suggested a new happening place - Dempsey Road, which is just off Holland Road & outside the Orchard Road area. It's easy to reach there but without a car, you need to walk right in.

The place had changed a lot since the last time I came where my hubby & I were scouting for teak furniture. It used to be known for its antique, teak furniture shops and carpet dealers. Now it has transformed into a cosy wine-and-dine destination.

The place was dimly lit & fortunately as Donna had been there recently (which had some grumbles coming from the passengers in the car as she should have updated them of this new happening place earlier), we ventured further in. So exciting....it became darker as we went further in...Imagine the 'Wahs' in the car as we saw the fountain & the good-looking shops. As quoted from Chong, it had a 'sua teng' feel (mountaintop & secluded)haha ;D Perhaps it was too dark, we also witness an accident where a driver had bumped into a parked car. Quite a bad bang...

We explored the place & some had collected name cards for future reservation needs. A pity that I wasn't equipped with a camera that can take good night shots. But we'll be there again soon as it has been choped as the next place to meet for our gathering :)

We had ice-creams & cakes at Ben & Jerry's. Oh must try the hot fudge mud cake umm.... ;d``then we spent a whole hour there 'fantasizing' an advernture & get all excited. Well come to think of it, perhaps we are too stressed with work (or no work) that we had funny ideas and actually went to execute it...the ending wasn't what we had expected or was it? But everyone ended up tired and some, like my hubby, came down with a fever due to the late night. Think it's time for us to live the 'Cinderella's Life' from now.

It was a funny, tiring, bo liao, exciting, wow-ing nite. I suppose I'd appreciate this experience in 10-20 years' time when we reminise the crazy stuff we do. But then I'm already enjoying it now - with the clips I've taken on my mobile phone hehehe ;>

No comments: