Sunday 12 August 2007

Bring Your Kids to Work Day

My hubby's co. had dedicated a 'Bring Your Kids to Work' Day which happened last Friday. Well, due to confidentially issues, I wouldn't mention the co.'s name thou I thought it should be made known since it's a meaningful activitiy.
Not every kid is lucky to visit his/her parent's co. & having fun there too.

Oh well, if you know my hubby, you would know which co. that is. But I could still pose the photos. Er...don't bother to squint at the photos, the co.'s identity is protected ;) The 1st photo is showing the kids watching a performance in one of the conference room.

The kids went on a short tour around Daddy's/Mummy's office followed by a treasure hunt in the office as well! Cool...



I thought more co. should dedicate a day to invite the kids to visit their Daddy & Mummy's workplace. Not to get them prepared for work in the future or to paint the picture that a workplace can be 'fun', I hope. But more to make them see for themselves what their parents' office is like, what they do etc. since most kids at one stage or another will ask questions like 'Where is Daddy/Mummy going?' & 'Why do you have to work' & 'Can you stay at home to be with me & not go to work?'. I hope they will learn & understand that they toys that they have, the place they stay, the food that they eat or even the 'aunties' that they have come from the the effort put in by their Daddy & Mummy at work & it is not easy for Daddy & Mummy to provide all these things too.

To be honest, prior to the event, my hubby already anticipated that there will be 'aunties' coming as well besides the kids. I'm not against 'aunties' but I thought it should be a true blue 'Bring your kids to work day'...only kids...if bringing back the kid may be an issue, well isn't it good that the parents can knock off on time, bring their kids back home & perhaps talk about what the kids think about their office, what they did, what have they learnt or noticed etc. during the journey back? You might be surprise at what they say :)

No comments: