Monday 27 August 2007

Hungry Ghost Festival

Hey, today is the 15th of the 7th Lunar month - the Hungry Ghost Month. Don't think you'' be able to forget this day with the massive incense burning now. But I wonder if we could be more socially conscious? I pity the cleaner...




Well, it's one of the few traditions that Singaporeans still practice till now & I used to be afraid of this festival when I was young. Thanks to the frightening ghost stories told in schools. Yet I like this festival because...of the incense smell hahahaha....it's the truth. Don't ask me why but as much as I can't tahan the smell of haze, I can take this incense burning smell & not forgetting there's a story behind this festival as well. Read in the papers a couple of weeks ago that there are people who participated in the ghost trail during this period although the numbers are lesser as compared to non-7th month days.

As much as I'd like to believe in their existence (cos somehow I'd like to believe that there're other 'beings' in other forms & I'm not alone), I don't think I'm prepared to see them although I thought I am, until my friend told me someone can make that happen on certain special occasions...sounds a bit freaky.

I know indirectly of someone who can 'see' things & it was quite a traumatic experience for him when he was young. My friend, who is his aunt, was very curious of his inborn ability & used to ask him how 'they' look like. And...ask him to draw it out on one instance...aiyoh...

That reminds me of the show 'Ghost Whisperer' which I thought it's a good series to catch. It's not exactly a scary ghostly show which I was a little dissappointed at first. But as I watched, I was rather touched by some of the stories. It's now showing the 2nd season on Friday nights at 10am. Should watch it. If you're still awake, you can catch the Supernatural at 1pm. That one has a more scary element.

p/s: If you 'feel' something about the music, you may turn it off by clicking on the 'Stop' button. Not intended for scaring purpose. Just happened to change the song a few days ago :)

No comments: