Tuesday 28 October 2008

Catching up

Finally, after 3 weeks of massive cleaning, I've managed to clear most of the stuff in my house before my friends' visit yesterday. I guess Uncle Tan must be glad of

Before the clean up...
Photobucket
...and 6 months' worth of dust...
Photobucket

Ah Kin making her 爱心 bread for her friends :>

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Somehow, it tasted different from the ones I made in Zurich. Probably the flour and the humidity which has affected the texture. The crust turned soft after it has cooled. The colour of the flour has also changed to yellow after baking. Perhaps I should use the normal plain flour. Never mind, will try again since I have more willing guinea pigs now hehe ;p

For the sake of the babies, we took extra effort to clean the floor the day before. Ya, Ah Kin actually tried the ancient Japanese way of cleaning the floor where I had to take 2 breaks just to clean only the living room. I was so shagged that I fell asleep on the day bed immediately after I've finished while Uncle Tan handled the rest using a mop instead ;p

Looking at the little tots, they just made me feel that time really flies...and Auntie Kin here is trying her best to remember at least, the names of these new little additions to the group.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ashlyn, the sleeping beauty who can sleep anywhere despite the noise.
Photobucket

Yes yes, I know some of you would be asking me so when's my turn or whether these little angles will make me yearn for one of my own. Well, honestly, I'm still sitting on the fence and waiting for the unexpected 'accident' to happen...although friends who know me will know that the chances of the 'accident' would be minimal given my ample knowledge on fertility. Knowledge is power is a double-edged sword huh ;p

Anyway, to 'insure' myself against having boys in case the 'accident' really happens, I've got these girls to roll/ lie on my bed ;p

Somehow, this reminds me of the days when I grew up together with my cousins. I'm beginning to wonder if I still have the energy to do all those things I've done with them which includes bathing them, feeding them, changing their nappies, ya you little rascals, I've seen them all ;p rocking them to sleep in the sarongs, tolerating their crying at night, getting bitten by them...

So when's my turn? I really won't be able to tell. You'll know when it happens :)

No comments: