Friday 8 August 2008

August Guests

Recently, or rather finally, I had time to do some housekeeping and managed to start organising the recipes I've brought along. Saw one bread making recipe that doesn't look quite complicated & decided to give it a try since I didn't bring any baking equipment here. Did a quick measurement conversion online and off I went to get flour, yeast and butter.

Had some difficulty trying to buy yeast I do not know the German term for it and I couldn't find it in the baking section. Had to ask a few people before I managed to get the right thing. The yeast here comes in a cube and is placed in the chiller.

Because everything was done in estimation cos I do not have a weighing scale. But the mini buns turn out ok, just that there could be a little too much flour...But they're edible still. Gave a couple to our neighbours to try and just nice for Ms Sui who'd be here the next Morning :)

These come in handy when I cook the chicken curry here :) For curry recipe, you might like to check with the packaging on the Prima Mix :) For the bread recipe, let me know if you're keen.





This was what Ms Sui brought along with her. I knew about the tatami. But not the pillow and...gasp! Bolster as well!! hahahaha...really well-equipped huh ;p



Due to jet lag, we all turn in early for the day including Eunice, which we thought it was a good thing cos she finally feels tired and could sleep without much difficulty :)

On the second day, they set off to the Rhinefall, Schaffhausen and Stein en Rhine. Sounds like a 2nd honeymoon ya :) Of course Ah Kin never tag along to be the gooseberry loh ;p

Ms Sui helping to wash the dishes with the help of Uncle Tan :)

After dinner, we went for an evening walk around the neighbourhood. Even though Eunice said she likes cold places, she's also afraid of the cold...so you see the 2 of us in sweaters :>


Me, Eunice and her hubby.

















We walked for about an hour before returning home.

The next day was a good sunny day, hence suggested they should visit Lucerne and Brienz.

No comments: