Wednesday 24 October 2007

2nd Wedding Anniversary




Time flies. It was my 2nd wedding anniversary on 22 Oct & it was my 1st time celebrating it...we've forgotten about it for the 1st last year ;p & upon checking last year’s calendar, it was actually a Sunday…hmmm….what was I busy with exactly? Or was I in the mode that wedding anniversaries need not be celebrated?

I’m not exactly a romantic gal & am rather practical. I don’t believe in spending on over-priced bouquet of flowers, posh restaurants, and expensive gifts.
Ok, it’s the thought that counts & it’s that special moment that matters. But I’d really prefer a handmade card or a card filled with personal thoughts/feelings. & I still didn’t regret insisting on not getting a diamond ring for my wedding band. Cos that could send me on a holiday trip or even 2 to Japan :) My wedding proposal was unspoken – a card where I had to figure out some sort of a puzzle with The Question propping out from a poem he had composed, followed by an anklet, something that I wanted.

Come to think of it, it’s kinda weird to propose when we had already signed on the dotted line to purchase a HDB flat. Well, I suppose it’s common among Singaporeans since application of HDB flats is one of the most common proposal tactics used by our fellowmen. My ex-colleague, who had previously stayed in Australia & married an Aussie wife, said that Singaporeans generally marry twice – the ROM & the customary wedding. I would prefer to combine to the 2 for convience & cost effectiveness but because of the HDB policy, we gotta get ROMMED before we could collect the key to the flat. But I was lucky enough that I didn’t have to wait for too long for my new flat to be ready.

It was quite an unplanned celebration given that we sort of realized that the date is just a few days away, phew! He managed to take only half day leave & I had to apply mine on the actual day. It felt different in the morning as we prepared to go to work. It was unlike the days where we just took leave to relax. In fact, we look forward to the later part of the day.
It was not all plain sailing though. Prior to that, we almost quarrelled over which place to dine as I was kinda upset that it was really very last minute & had wanted to dine at somewhere we’ve never been before. But hey, I realized that it doesn’t matter as long as it’s the company that we enjoy. And so we did.

We dined at Sushi Teh at City Hall as strongly recommended by my colleague for their fresh & value for money salmon sashimi. A plus is they offer nice secluded seats which we didn’t have the chance to try as it was rather crowded. Definitely will visit there again given the variety, great taste & reasonable price. Personally, I thought it was better than Kuriya.

Oiishi ne!!

Flavourful crab meat with some roes baked with cheese


Uni! My fav! Taste so sweet on its own. My hubby said it tasted like the 'sea'

Fresh succulent salmon with roes & caviar. All for the price of only $6!


Instead of watching movies followed by swimming as we sort of decided, we went for a stroll. From City Hall, we walked to Raffles Place & chanced upon a mini art exhibition along the tunnel leading to the Espanade & decided to be part of it.

Trying to get funny with a honey bunny ? This is what you get...

Friends from around...the tree :)

Setting our feet on the treasure map...

Oops! You caught me with my baby...with Captain Jack haha ;p

and our love boat full of babies...

Ahhhh!!!

Testing if it's real gold

Once men get rich, they get funny...tackle a blonde this time... ;p

I still think Asian beauty is the best hahaha ;D

Then we sat at Starbucks cafĂ© for a cuppa, watching the world go by…

We continued our journey to one of the paradise of office ladies – Caltex House & Change Alley. I was disciplined enough not to get any bajus & am contented to just browse around. Whilst shopping, my hubby managed to slip away & got me flowers. Ok lah, once in a while. & he told me that he had 'bargained' with the lady & managed to round down the price haha :D

I ended up getting a pair of shoes as my shoes weren't too seasoned & I didn’t expect a walking. Was a little embarrassed to be walking around the shop with plasters on my feet & trying whatever shoes that can fit my size 3 feet. Coincidentally I found something that I've been looking for :)

Age seems to be catching up with us. We felt rather tired from the walking though it was less than half the day. So we decided to have our dinner takeaway instead. It was a fulfilling day. Somewhat unplanned, yet enjoyable.

It's actually quite good to celebrate wedding anniversaries. Even when you have kids cos couplehood time is important. Can be quite 'exciting' to go on a rendevous date with your hubby without kids, hehe...;p
The 2 years of marriage has its ups & downs. Indeed, it requires quite a bit of tolerance, adjustments, generousity & effort to keep it going. Our courtship days were rough where it took him almost a year before I accepted him. Then came the disapproval from my family because he was out of job for a period of time due to the poor economy & my family members were concerned he may live out on me. But somehow, not because of defiance, there was this strong inner belief that he's not that type of indecent guy with dubious character. I must admit he's had a hard time during courtship days facing obstacles from my family plus my KIVIGI (aka Kin's Virtual Girl) which is due to my low self-esteem, family history & lack of trust in men that had made things very difficult for him.
I suppose the 3 years of emailing without meeting up had sort of formed the basis of our relationship & his patience & persistence had paid off. Not that I'm the perfect wife lah, at least I make it a point to cook often & sometimes I try to do cranky stuff to make him laugh. For him, I can laugh at the smallest unnoticeable things. Try asking him to nod when he's topless keke ;p
So go on, fall in love again with your spouse :)

No comments: