Sunday 1 February 2009

2008......2009...CNY

Woh, it's almost over a month since I last updated my blog and some have been telling me I've been 'slacking' since I came back. Well, many things have happened over the past few weeks and CNY is early this year so everything is like a mad rush. Fortunately I need not rush to buy new clothes since I'm a keeper of new clothes :) and this year, I've finally decided to get some domestic help from my colleague's contact to do a spring cleaning to my house. Of course I still need to do some re-organizing especially my wardrobe.

2008 Christmas had passed pretty quietly for me. No count down, no parties...except the feast held at my grands place and a post-Christmas game session with my cousins. I LOVE games and I relish the times when we had the gift exchange and games on Christmas eves when I was young. I hope to give such memories to my cousins as well, before they grow up eventually and have their own parties to attend. In fact, I could see that I don't have many more years to play such games with them for long...

2009 New Year Resolutions
I don't usually set new year resolutions as I don't like to have long term plans because I don't think I can fulfill most of them and I dislike disappointments. But I guess no harm to make a few and see how far I can stick to them :)

Resolution No. 1
To spend more time with my family, particularly with my grands. They seemed to have aged very quickly recently...

Each time when I see them getting older, the heart aches...Lost of that sparkle in their eyes, their white hair in full bloom, shrinking height, slower response to our conversations, less agile and sometimes, shaky movements...I know these are the usual signs of ageing but noticing these changes happening to your loved ones...a sense of sorrow somehow overwhelms me. I always hope to see the same old grands full of energy and humour. I'm still at the denial stage...

Resolution No. 2
To learn mahjong. I guess I have to follow with the times and start learning the real thing. Even my cousins in their teens know how to do the 'counting' while I'm still at the novice stage of identifying the consecutive tiles and the 2 'eyes' despite growing up listening to the sound of mahjongs as my lullaby. I'll try to learn to like the game thou I still think it gets quite boring after a few rounds. I prefer boggle, scrabble, Pictionary or even Mad Magazine. Well fortunately, we have a common liking for Black Jack which has since become our tradition to play during CNY with my cousins who have since grown up. I've also earned a reputation on gambling with small denominations - five cents coins ;p

Resolution No. 3
Exercise, exercise, exercise. It keeps my cramps away and hopefully the stress as well. With less stress, I should be able to eat better and with better appetite, it would mean more weight to be gained :)

Thou shall not be overly ambitious and this should be the list :)

No comments: