Tuesday 25 November 2008

Maybe...Baby? Seminar

Calling out to all my married friends who are planning to start a family or are sitting on the fence (like me). There's a seminar going on this coming Sat, 29 Nov, at Suntec Convention Centre from 9.30am to 1pm (am session) and 2.30pm to 6pm (pm session).

The morning session will provide practical advice on parenting a newborn as well as insights on how you can continue to grow your relationship with your spouse. For those who have just embarked on the new parenthood journey, you'll know what I mean when all the focus is on the new little arrival. But while all the attention is given to the child, don't forget the older 'kid' (your other half) too :>

Of course financial issues would be the main concern for most of us, especially in the current climate. Well, I have a friend who is preparing for motherhood, requesting for a designer diaper bag from her hubby. I was shocked when I heard the orginal price that I can't even remember the brand name now. She wanna be seen as a modern chic mummy and won't settle for anything less. So, she shopped at ebay for that bag and ended up paying only a portion of the original price. She gets what she wants and at a much lower cost. So clever ;>

Practical tips on fulfilling both career and family aspirations as well as case studies on how couples can effectively make time to experience the joys of raising a family would be shared at the afternoon seminar. I've heard that the speaker for this topic is quite an engaging and humourous so I'm looking forward to hearing him.

Fertility is always an interesting topic for me and my colleagues. You'd be surprised at the facts and myths on fertility being 'unraveled' during the discussion. I've attended a couple of talks by Dr Chew before and each time I've learnt something new that I never knew or thought I already knew.

Most of the time we only start to look for information when we need it, but when it comes to Plan B, it's better to have the knowledge in advance so that you'd be better prepared.

Ok, there'll be refreshments and goodie bags when you sign up for either of the session...if that is what you'll be looking for...tsk tsk tsk... ;p

For more details, you can visit http://www.mediacorpradio.sg/maybebaby.

No comments: