Tuesday 1 January 2008

Wedding, Housewarming & Gathering

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!! Times flies and it's already 2008. 2007 is indeed a fruitful year for most people as I watched the news of the various celebrations in Singapore & all over the world. Fireworks, mass celebrations etc. At the back of my mind, there was also the nagging reminder how wasteful we are in using resources for these celebrations, not to mention the rubbish we've created.

Besides world peace, I wish that more people are more environmentally conscious & civics minded.

Had a busy yet fulfilling weekend last week where there was a wedding dinner of my JC classmate on Sat, a housewarming on Sun afternoon, followed by a Secondary school gathering.

The Wedding
It was a cosy wedding at Conrad. The food was good & so was the entertainment. I was touched seeing the photos of the couple's parents that was shown in the video presentation, done specially for their parents. This was the 2nd wedding that the married couples have done something to pay a tribute to their parents. I'm one of those who appreciate such gestures & it also seems to be a protocol to thank the parents during such dinner. Well, except for me as I had a panic attack which I thought was a pity as I had prepared an entertaining speech. By the time I muster enough courage, the dinner was almost coming to an end ;p

I enjoyed the bridegroom's song that was dedicated to his wife. Can't remember the title but it was a song from 'The Wedding Singer' which I find the words very meaningful. The groom sang along with the guitar played live by the emcee, who is also our JC classmate. So sweet!!! :)

At the wedding, I happen to meet one of his ex-colleagues who is now a recruitment consultant. He was sitting next to me & I've learnt more about a vegetarian's diet plus the news on future recuitment for the IR. Perhaps shall elaborate it on another entry. One of my pet topics.

Housewarming
Have posted some nice pics of the house for viewing pleasure. So nice yea, like a showroom. The lady of house, who is also my ex-colleague, did quite a few DIY stuff like the paintings on the wall & the curtains as well.




One of her collections.


Finally I've met Ms Christabel :)


And she loves the red polka-dot pillow.


Hmm...planning for a 2nd one? Hehe...


Mummy Ai Lin trying to introduce a girlfriend to Aden ;>


Ooh...they seem to have some chemistry......

Smile :) You're on camera!

Hmm....a penny for your tots?

O the flying kiss by the home owner


Iconic post of Baby Aden & Christabel - thumb sucking & flying kisses


Doing her infamous 'Beauty Pageant' waves ;D

Her 'umm umm' look...



No comments: